Thursday, November 18, 2010

November 18, LAX to Paris

There is nothing more relaxing to me than to arrive early at LAX and know I was organized AND underweight for my two big bags.

I took the SuperShuttle from the hotel near my apartment. The van was filled with happy British girls, returning home to London. It was so difficult to understand them as they talked. I do better with Italian.
Instead of using AirFrance frequent flyer miles, I paid $55 for the extra bag. The nice ticket seller told me 10,000 frequent flyer miles per bag was not a good deal.

I'm pleased as I bought these tickets Lax/Paris/Firenze in the spring super cheap.

I was worried about the body scanner or intimate pat-down here, but I breezed though without the ominous SS marked on my boarding pass. (secondary security)

I always check the gift stores for interesting or unusual items. I was really pleased to buy two authentic Indian Navajo dream catchers to give as gifts.

I spotted some fantastic luggage today. I noticed a girl buying a stack of gossip magazines...six or seven! When she pulled her bags forward ... Ohhh!! gorgeous Luis Vuitton overhead and shoulder bags. I've seen that pair of luggage before. Maybe Santa will bring them to me one day.

Call for boarding! Buon viaggio a tutti

No comments:

Post a Comment