Sunday, January 12, 2014

Scorzette di arancia al cioccolato (Orange peel with chocolate)

Tonight I can finish making Scorzette di arancia al cioccolato (Orange peel with chocolate) pg 91.

Orange peels from two large oranges have been soaking for three days. 







Cooled down, they are gorgeous.  I'm watching my weight, so I will not be dipping them in chocolate.   They are delicious plain. I worried I had left too much white on the peel. These are just right. 


I would use half the called for sugar next time. 

Scorzette di arancia al cioccolato (Orange peel with chocolate)

2 or 3 organic oranges, washed thoroughly
Sugar
Plain chocolate

Peel the oranges, discarding all the white pith. Soak the peel in cold water (in the fridge), for three days, changing the water twice each day. 

At the end of this time, cut into strips and boil the peel in one half liter of water for 15 minutes. 

Weigh the strips, then add an equal amount of sugar. Add just enough water to dissolve the sugar. 

Cook until the sugar turns white around the peel. Stir every few minutes. 

Turn the peel out onto parchment paper, keeping the pieces well separated from each other. 

When cool, drip each piece into melted chocolate, which should not bee too hot. Spread them out again on parchment paper. 

Will keep well if stored in an airtight container. 


No comments:

Post a Comment