Sunday, June 17, 2012

November 26, 2011 Cremona

I did nothing except eat, walk, nap and watch Argentine, Mexican and American soap operas with Marina on Friday. It was cold and foggy all day, so it felt good to have nothing planned.

Saturday was a wonderful day. Primo and Marina left early to go to the gym. At 9.00 Rosa came to get me. She said Zia, your face looks different, it's glowing

I had had an incredible night's rest. I had thought I was dreaming of Leo. But when woke up several times, I still felt his presence. He told me I wasn't dreaming, but to rest and sleep and he would stay with me all night, which he did. In the morning I knew I had a message to give to the family. He wanted me to tell them, he was sorry he hadn't realized how much this family loved and cared for me. I told Rosa this. She said she felt goosebumps.

Rosa and I had made plans to take the car and do grocery shopping at IPER COOP, a discount version of COOP. She knows I love to go there with her. She is a slow shopper, which suits me perfectly. I love to look at everything. Once I went with Marina and she flew breathlessly through the store. We were in and out in 15 minutes.

With Rosa it's a 2 hour stroll. She filled her shopping cart to the brim. I took pictures, hoping no one would tell me to stop. I love love looking at all the cheeses, the salame, the prosciutto. 






With luggage weight always on my mind, I bought only one large bag of goodies. The prices are really reduced here. I bought a bag of Baci chocolates for 5€. I saw the same sized bag in the tourist section of Firenze for 14€. At home this same bag costs $25.  I did find a box of Tartufo Nero in the frozen food section! Leo introduced me to these often non-advertised dessert treats when we traveled and ate out.





We rode down the escalator with the shopping cart.  Rosa let me return the cart and retrieve the money she left with the machine.  I need to ask her if she gets back what she inserted.  I see three types of coins are accepted.





When we arrived home, Rosa had a message from Mattia, asking that she bring another pair of shoes to him, at work. Yesterday he fell off a ladder while working and today he's sore.

I walked to meet Marta at the Saturday morning Mercato near in the piazza. She was wearing a beautiful coat...Gucci. She too was glowing. I took a picture of her coat, not aware I was also taking the first picture of our precious baby boy.




I love looking for pictures at the Mercato. The setting, the colors, the foods, and the merchants are all gifts to my eyes and add to my feeling of well-being. Here, one experiences the art of living well. Marta tells me she never comes to the Mercato. She doesn't like the crowds. As I study the men's faces here, I don't see features of Leo's face, as I do in Firenze.











In the late afternoon, Rosa, Marta and I meet in Marina's kitchen. Primo is out golfing. I hope it relieves some of his stress.

Marta has news! She's incinta! Pregnant! She took the home-test a few hours ago. She's already called Primo and a close family friend Antonino, who will now be her obstetrician. I've had dinner with him and his family. Such a nice jolly sweet man. He is a good choice for her doctor. It's odd, because yesterday I went into a baby shop and was touching tiny infant toys. I need to go back and buy that French made mouse I saw!


We went out to celebrate with hot chocolate and freshly made whipped cream. The foggy view from the Cioccolateria made our chocolate even more special.
 





We then visited our favorite trinket shop, run by a young woman in her thirties. We were buzzed in and she greeted me with 'Ben ritornata!!'. She is also about 7 months pregnant. I bought a silver heart which dangles from an oblong safely pin like holder. I can use it alone or to keep a scarf in place.

At 8.00 at their home, Mario and Marta made pizza. We had four huge pans of yummy pizza and a calzone. We devoured almost everything. Rosa and I walked home around 10 pm carrying still warm pizza for Mattia, who had to work late again. Primo and Marina will be out late, attending a dinner party.

At 10.30 we watched Mattia eat. He was so tired. His work with rescued immigrant street boys requires him to have unusual work hours. He has already returned to school to pursue another degree. He wants to be a licensed counselor.

I am always glad see it reaffirmed. The girls have chosen good men for husbands.

The Tarfutto Nero...it was delicious!  I ate one and left the other in Marina's freezer.





No comments:

Post a Comment