Sunday, March 23, 2014

Wisteria stenciled on my wall (Am I in Italy yet?)

Living in earthquake country in Southern California brings with it the reality of fairly frequent earth tremors. I live in an older building, which dates back to the glamor of Hollywood starlets. It was well constructed and its units were sold as weekend beach getaways for the Hollywood crowd.  The building was one of the few which survived the big earthquake of 1933.

Our building was later strengthened and earthquake reinforced. But sometimes cracks appear on our walls, anyhow. I decided to stencil a vine of wisteria over the cracks. It's March, the season for wisteria to begin blooming in California and also on my wall. 







I'm so pleased with results!  I can imagine I'm a little closer to the Italian countryside now.  I think Alessandro would have been very happy to see what I've painted.

Alessandro and I saw magnificent wisteria vines along the coast of Trieste and in the gardens of Castello di Miramare



No comments:

Post a Comment