Saturday, July 3, 2010

May in Italy (Sunday after)

Sunday morning I took pictures of my favorite of Marta's plants.
I have this one at my house and I want it to thrive.



Rosa, Enriche and I walked up to the central part of Cremona and passed this group.





On Sundays, one can visit an outdoor mercato on the Piazza, enjoy a gelato or pastry or visit museums.  Most stores are closed.


 
The Piazza is free of car traffic.



The Bapistry was open for tours.



We met Primo and Marina at Marta and Mario's apartment to do a little more organizing.
I hid notes for them, as Leo does for me.



The "kitchen" was purchased as a unit.
Everything is included: stove, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and cupboards.



I made my way to the bakery to buy my favorite rum babba.
I took eight of them home with me.
My luggage smelled like rum, which didn't seem to attract the drug sniffing dogs at the airports.






Construction began on the Torrazzo (Big Tower) in 1230.


 The clock still works. I have climbed to the top with Marta.
It's very very windy up there.



In the winter, one can see violins hanging in the air here.



No matter what season, the children love to ride the lions, which guard each door of the church.



As we headed home, we found Marta's wedding flowers being carried down the street. The young priest was embarrassed, feeling like a caught thief he said.



Sunday night, Mattia, Rosa, Enriche and I went to our favorite pizza place.



Pizza in Italy is much bigger than pizza americana.
Tastes better too!

No comments:

Post a Comment