Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 2014 -- An updated kitchen -- pictures

Yes, it was worth the wait!


Last goodbye to the old drawers and sink. I loved those little lights Alessandro put up. Luckily, I was able to salvage them.


I didn't want to witness this destruction phase. The old ice box was left in place. 


Picking out the Carrara marble. Yes, I know it scratches. I love it, anyhow. 


Installation of the 20 inch farmer's sink (imported from Turkey).  The alder wood cabinets are from Pennsylvania but purchased in Orange County. I'd like to believe they were made by Amish carpenters. 


Watching the cut marble arrive! While waiting, I saw Peregrine Falcons nesting on a ledge on the building across the street.


It was carefully tied in.


Tom, the contractor works with the marble artisan and his helper. 


The plastic sheeting held back most of the marble dust. 


First peek and I'm in love!
 

Lining up the faucet and sink. 
 

No regrets! 
 
 
The floor tile is complete. 
 

Dust everywhere. 
 
 
Tile behind the fridge is done. 
 

Sunflowers to welcome the new kitchen
 

Painting will have to follow in a few weeks. First priority is to clean up the entire apartment, wax the hardwood floors and wipe off every book. 

In the meantime, I can cook again. I already have a recipe and ingredients waiting!
 



I love love love my new kitchen. I know Alessandro would have been crazy about it too.  
 
Thank you to MT Sterling, Inc. (Long Beach, California) and crew for all your hard work and attention to details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment